For 18-month trainees, we operate a 6-month outpatient program in collaboration with Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse (L.A.CADA).
For many of our clients, substances are a way of coping with the pain of gang involvement, homelessness, and mental health issues. Only by addressing this head on, are clients able to begin the process of healing and transformation. We provide substance abuse support via group and one-on-one sessions. For Community Clients who are not part of our 18-month program, our substance abuse team operates primarily as a referral center.
Four Phase Program:
Phase 1: What is addiction?
- Clients attend classes and one-on-one meetings
- Clients learn about prevention, psycho-education, and attend process groups
Phase 2: What is recovery?
- Clients learn about surrender and vulnerability
- We encourage 12-step meetings
Phase 3: Relapse Prevention
- Clients attend one class per week and build support groups
Phase 4: Aftercare
- At this point, clients have completed the program, but they still check in and are provided support as needed
To learn more about our Substance Abuse Support resources, visit our Get Help page.