- Information That We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Questions and How to Contact Us
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site, purchase products or services from us, request information from us, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include name; address; billing address; shipping address; email address; telephone number; credit card, debit card number or bank account number (or a portion thereof, and solely for payment purposes); date of birth; and other information you choose to submit to us.
Cookies; Information We Collect Automatically Through Your Use of our Site
Google Analytics We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Site analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on how your online activity.
No Information from Children Under Age 18 If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please Contact Us or call us at (323) 526-1254.
3. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
To Provide Products, Services, and Information. We collect information from you in order to provide products and services that you purchase using the Site; register and service your online account; contact you about your orders; process credit card and debit card transactions; ship products to you; and send you promotional materials or advertisements about our products and services, as well as new features and offerings.
Sharing with Third Parties. We may provide information to third party service providers that help us operate and manage our Site, process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and services that you purchase from us. These service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
Do Not Track Signals. We do not track you over time and across third-party websites or other online services for any purpose. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
Advertising. We may disclose certain of your information to our third-party service providers for advertising and marketing of our products and services. We may use how you browse and shop in order to show you ads for Homeboy that are more relevant to your interests.
Donors. We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Homeboy Industries, both online and offline, on any Platform (‘Platform’, includes the Homeboy Industries website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Your Consent. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Homeboy when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Homeboy if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Homeboy, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the privacy section of our Site. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to access or update your information, you can Contact Us or call us at (323) 526-1254 x384. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from Homeboy by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at the address listed in Section 9 below titled “Questions and How to Contact Us.”
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
6. CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
This Site and Services are not directed to residents of the European Union. By using and accessing our Site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
8. QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
130 W Bruno St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012