The 2020 Global Homeboy Network Gathering is going virtual! Join us August 10-11, 2020.
The 7th Annual Global Homeboy Network is going virtual! Individuals and organizations from across the globe are invited to join us for informative, authentic panel discussions. Together, we will hear and learn from leaders working in the areas of social justice, nonprofit management, and social enterprise business on how we can better stand with vulnerable populations and build up our communities.
Register and join us for our Virtual 2020 Global Homeboy Network Gathering: A Good Footprint in the Reimagined World. We are looking forward to being with all of you virtually this year.
AUGUST 10-11, 2020
“Morning Meeting” | Father Greg | 9:10am
Welcome | Tom Vozzo, CEO | 9:25am
Plenary Session I | 9:30am – 11:00am
Break | 11:00am – 11:30am
Plenary Session II | 11:30am – 1:00pm
Closing Remarks | Healing Circle | 1:00 – 1:15pm
“Morning Meeting” | 9:15am
Plenary Session III | 9:30am – 11:00am
Break | 11:00am – 11:30am
Plenary Session IV | 11:30am – 1:00pm
Break | 1:00pm – 1:15pm
Keynote Speaker | Father Greg | 1:15pm – 2:00pm
2020 GHN GATHERING REGISTRATION
Our Virtual Gathering includes four topical plenary sessions:
- Trainee/Program Participant Perspective: A Look from Within
- This panel will focus on the stories as told by the panelists, their work towards healing and transforming their lives.
- Through storytelling, and their personal, lived experience a panel made up of trainees, core staff members and an alumni of the 18-month training program at Homeboy Industries. The panelists will share their experiences not only of how Homeboy’s footprint is part of their lives, also now how their footprints are a part of their families, their communities and the world at large.
- Foundation Perspective: Before, Now and Beyond
- This panel will feature foundation leaders whose work and organizations support and impact community based, social service and many intervention, prevention and re-entry organization.
- Through a narrative that will look at the specificity at our world with COVID-19, post George Floyd’s murder and the Black Lives Matter Social Justice Movement, leadership from key foundations will discuss their organization’s pivots and changes from what were their original 2020 roadmaps. The discussion may include, how have funding focuses progressed and changed and what have organizations done to support the most marginalized populations among us.
- Social Program and Services Perspective: Navigating Through Change: “In The Before” how to stay connected “In The Now” and “In The Reimagined Future”
- This panel will highlight leadership from within Homeboy’s free social programs and services to include Education, Legal, and Mental Health Services, our Somos La Arte experiential healing program. The session will also include an overview of our 18-month trainee/participant program.
- Through an in-depth presentation about the free services and programming offered at Homeboy, this discussion will engage people in the work we do, how we do it and why we do it at all levels in a relational, mutual, meet-a-person-where-they-are style. Healing, social justice and trauma-informed care are core values and the discussion in this panel will touch on these being pillars of the work we do.
- Social Enterprise Business Perspective – Pivoting During a Time of Uncertainty and Preparing for the New Normal
- This panel will spotlight the stories of three social enterprise businesses and what life, business, and maintaining workforce training programming for marginalized populations has been like since the March closures due to COVID-19.
- This discussion will provide three case studies from non-profit based social enterprise businesses with a focus on their pivots (changes and adjustments) to their business models, budgets, financial outlooks, customer service and the care and training of the people who work within their businesses.
The two-day event will conclude with a keynote from Homeboy Industries Founder, Greg Boyle. To view his keynote speech from our sold out 2019 Global Homeboy Network Gathering, see below:
helpful contact information
If you have questions regarding registration for the 2020 Gathering, please contact Amanda Mansour at email@example.com.
If you have questions related to the Global Homeboy Network please contact Alison Lass at firstname.lastname@example.org.